Brown Thrasher

  • Ron LeValley
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2004
      I just returned to Charlene’s after a day in the field at Big River. I
      flushed a bright rusty bird from the feeders and jokingly said that it
      looked like a Brown Thrasher. Imagine my surprise and delight when a Brown
      Thrasher showed up a few minutes later!

      It’s at 45601 Headlands Drive, Little River CA Call us at 937-4463 for
      detailed directions and an update if you want to come to see it.

      Ron LeValley, Senior Biologist

      ron@...

      707/839-0900

      Fax 839-0867

      www.madriverbio.com <http://www.madriverbio.com/>

      Mad River Biologists

      1497 Central Avenue

      McKinleyville, CA 95519

    • richhubie
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2008
        I just posted 2 pictures of the Brown Thrasher found in Carolyn
        Kinet's Inglenook yard. Jim Havlena, Carolyn, and myself waited about
        20 minutes for it to show up. It totally intimidated the two Scrub-
        jays that were there. It acted very much like a woodpicker raising
        it's head and pounding it's bill into the ground.

        See contact information in Karen's post. I understand from Jim that
        they will be breaking out a good bottle of wine tonight.

        Richard Hubacek