Brant

  • grebeman2
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2004
      So far the Brant(correct spelling) has not been refound in Lake
      County. Jerry White
    • richhubie
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2009
        12 April, 2009 Sunday--While in search of the Blue-winged Teals reported by David Jensen yesterday I found myself out on the Garcia River overlook by the lighthouse. Just north of the river's mouth were approx. 200 Brant resting(?)on shore. It might be a local stop because another 16 flew in while I was watching.

        The Blue-winged and Cinnamon Teals were still in the pond where David found them as of noon today.

        In a conversation with Karen Havlena, she said that the Loggerhead Shrike was still at the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens as of today. See past postings for information on location.

        I just noticed that this site (all Yahoo sites) will be down for a time tomorrow so be forewarned.

        Richard Hubacek
        Little River
      • Jessica Morton
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 29
          At Van Damme among Black Oystercatchers and assorted gulls ( one Heerman's ) on Thursday morning at 10:30, one gorgeous Brant preening at water's edge.

          Sent from my 1947 Smith-Corona "Floating Shift" typewriter.