Low Gap

  • Kate Marianchild
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2004
      Michael Maltas and I went up Low Gap today hoping to see or hear Blue Grouse. Michael isn't a birder but he has very sharp eyes for wildlife, having grown up in the bush in Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe. We followed Roger Foote's directions to the place he saw a male blue grouse in full regalia. We didn't hear or see any grouse. Maybe it's too late. We did see a male lazuli bunting, a first for me and spotted by Michael, some western bluebirds, and a western tanager. On the way home we saw one mountain quail on the road, also a first for me!.

      Kate