Skunk Tracks today and Ten Mile Monday

  • Feather Forestwalker
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2001
      On Monday, I, too, saw the White-faced Ibis in the Ten Mile Estuary. It
      was among a group of waders that contained Great and Snowy Egrets, what
      may have been a Cattle Egret, a possible Common Moorhen and a Green
      Heron. The Ibis was disturbed by something on the north side of the
      estuary when it flew to the south side. As it flew I was able to see the
      coloration as well as the long, down-curved beak and whitish patch
      around the eye. It was a life bird for me!

      Today, I walked for three hours along the Skunk Train Tracks and these
      are the birds I saw:

      Bullock's Oriole
      Bushtits
      Yellow Warblers
      Marsh Wrens
      Red-wingd Blackbirds
      Mallards
      Great Blue Heron
      Mute Swan
      Chestnut-backed Chickadees
      Common Ravens (at three different nests as well as flying)
      Osprey (at two different nests)
      Anna's Hummingbirds
      Rufous Hummingbirds
      Allen's Hummingbirds
      CALLIOPE HUMMINGBIRD
      Wrentit
      Olive-sided Flycatcher
      Tree Swallows
      Barn Swallows
      Cliff Swallows
      Violet-green Swallows
      Western Wood Peewee (FEMALE BUILDING A NEST!)
      Acorn Woodpeckers
      Pacific-Slope Flycatchers
      WILLOW FLYCATCHERS
      Steller's Jays
      Scrub Jays
      Turkey Vultures
      NORTHERN GOSHAWK
      Cooper's Hawk
      Purple Martins
      Northern Rough-winged Swallows
      American Robin
      Hermit Thrush
      Swainson's Thrush
      European Starling
      House Sparrow
      Song Sparrow
      Fox Sparrow
      White-crowned Sparrow
      Cedar Waxwings
      Orange-crowned Warbler
      MacGillivray's Warbler
      Wilson's Warbler
      Yellow-breasted Chat
      Black-headed Grosbeak
      Spotted Towhee

      *WHEW* That's three hours worth of birding. . .*grin*