Eagles at Lake Mendocino

  • vishnu
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2001
      Late Monday afternoon 2/12/01 a pair of immature bald eagles were
      observed diving for fish in the water just east of the large parking lot
      at the south boat ramp at Lake Mendocino. I watched from a boat near the
      east shore and they eventually flew back over the lake and overhead
      cavorting in the sky. What looked playful may have been more competitive
      as it turned out one of them had a fish. What appeared to be a 3rd eagle
      flew across the lake at the same time further down but I didn't ID it as
      I was too taken with the ones close by. A black shouldered kite was also
      seen perched near the east shore. Vishnu