More Hooded Orioles

  • Paul Hawks
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2004
      There appears to be another Hooded Oriole nesting site a few blocks from the Sherry Dr. site in Ukiah. Though I have not been able to spot an actual nest, Hooded Orioles have been at the fan palm at 1520 Gamay Lane the last couple of mornings. This morning a male was exhibiting what seemed to be nest-guarding behavior as he came to the tree and sustained a stream of chatter as he watched me standing in the street below.

      Paul Hawks

    • vishnu
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 8:27 PM
        Driving along S. State St. in Ukiah about 7:40 pm Sunday evening I saw a
        flash of yellow in the vicinity of the two tall fan palms on the Ukiah
        Airport property. Driving in, I easily located a pair of Hooded Orioles
        drinking nectar from a Bottle Brush shrub. After several minutes they flew
        off into the top of the easternmost of the two fan palms.
        Vishnu