HREC Vesper Sparrow

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8 7:53 PM
      Greetings Mendobirders: I saw a Vesper Sparrow just above the office area
      at the Hopland Center this afternoon. The bird was feasting on Crane Flies
      in the tall grass adjacent to the road and was quite approachable. I
      believe this is just the Center's third Vesper Sparrow record, and the
      second spring bird. It was a good sparrow day, all in all. Grasshopper
      Sparrows are now singing in both of our known breeding areas, and I watched
      a Rufous-crowned Sparrow actually fly into one of our barns.

      Chuck
    • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2007
        Greetings Mendobirders- This morning there was a VESPER SPARROW in
        an open pasture above the office area at the UC Hopland R&E
        Center. The COMMON MOORHEN continued on the southern sag pond at noon.

        Chuck

        Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
        Ukiah, CA 95482

        cevaughn@...