In search of Tom by the Albion River

  • captainruthwiebe
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5 4:46 PM
      This is unusual to say the least. Wild Turkeys down by the Albion
      River at the Albion Field Station. Yesterday, Sunday one lone hen
      meandered thru camp late in the afternoon. Direction of travel was
      from the River southward up along our canyon creek. Today, Monday She
      was back with two hen friends. So far no Tom's have been observed.
      This is definately not turkey habitat. I've seen them in north Fort
      Bragg and again in Anderson Valley, we know them to be on the coast
      but not along this section of the coast and river. How did they get
      here (one step at a time my husband said) but Why?

      The Albion Field Station is the marine biological field station for
      Pacific Union College. 3 miles north of Hwy 128 and Hwy 1
      intersection is Albion. Take Albion Street from the Market down to
      the Albion River and that is where the field station is located.

      I also have been noticing the return of the Allen's Hummingbirds for
      the past week.

      Ruth Wiebe
      Albion Field Station
      albion@...