USTP April 4

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2004
      Greetings Mendobirders: I went out to the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant in
      the early-morning fog. Apparently there has already been a good turnover
      of birds in the last couple of days according to the log in the office. I
      could not refind the f BLUE-WINGED TEAL, but did find a f REDHEAD The SNOW
      GOOSE, which spent the winter and most of March, has been replaced by a
      GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE. Mixed in with a bunch of LEAST
      SANDPIPERS and a couple of LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS were 2 SEMIPALMATED
      PLOVERS. The passerines on the river were pretty quiet. Unfortunately, I
      did see lots of BROWN-HEADED COWBIRDS which seem to plague the miserably
      thin riparian strip that has been left there. HERMIT THRUSHES are singing
      in my yard.

      Chuck