HREC Grasshopper Sparrow

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2004
      Greetings Mendobirders: It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood. This
      morning I saw a Grasshopper Sparrow at the HREC. The bird was in the lower
      of 2 historical breeding areas on the Center, and is our earliest record
      ever. Incidentally, this site is 1/4 mile or less from one of the proposed
      CalTrans routes for the future "Hopland Bypass". Other recent arrivals in
      the area included Pacific-slope Flycatchers, a Western Kingbird, Tree and
      Violet-green Swallows, a warbling Warbling Vireo, numbers of Orange-crowned
      Warblers, Chipping Sparrows, and singing Bullock's Orioles.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive
      Ukiah, CA 95482