Re: [Mendobirds] Pileated woodpecker

  • JHUNTER323@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2004
      Mendobirders,

      I agree that all postings about birds in Mendocino should be welcome.
      Sometimes new birders see thing with fresh eyes and remind of things we have become
      too familiar with. They also get out more than some of us "experienced"
      birders! It is easy enough to delete those messages you are not interested in.

      John Hunter
      Arcata, CA
    • Becky Stenberg
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 14, 2008
        Yesterday I was watching a Pileated woodpecker drumming on an old growth snag up on Ramsey Ridge. While I was watching he was zoomed by an Anna's hummingbird. It seemed like an unlikely spot for a hummingbird, up there among redwood branches, but it occurred to me, maybe he was attracted by the red head?

        Becky Stenberg
        Glen Blair