RE: [Mendobirds] Pileated woodpecker

  • Ron LeValley
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 23, 2004
      Post away!

      The more communication the better!

      That's one person's opinion, and I learn something from almost everything I
      read, common birds or not.

      Ron

      Ron LeValley, Senior Biologist
      ron@...
      707/839-0900
      Fax 839-0867
      www.madriverbio.com
      Mad River Biologists
      1497 Central Avenue
      McKinleyville, CA 95519

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 23, 2004
        Hi. I tend to agree with Ron.
        I don't want to read a lot of "daily journal" entries, but I think that
        sometimes a nicely written short post noting some time spent watching
        the behavior of the "usual gang" is enjoyable.

        --- Ron LeValley <ron@...> wrote:
        > That's one person's opinion, and I learn something from almost
        > everything I read, common birds or not.

        =====
        Janet Rosen
        http://www.zanshinart.com
        Open eyes, open mind, open heart

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
      • JHUNTER323@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 24, 2004
          Mendobirders,

          I agree that all postings about birds in Mendocino should be welcome.
          Sometimes new birders see thing with fresh eyes and remind of things we have become
          too familiar with. They also get out more than some of us "experienced"
          birders! It is easy enough to delete those messages you are not interested in.

          John Hunter
          Arcata, CA
        • Becky Stenberg
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 14, 2008
            Yesterday I was watching a Pileated woodpecker drumming on an old growth snag up on Ramsey Ridge. While I was watching he was zoomed by an Anna's hummingbird. It seemed like an unlikely spot for a hummingbird, up there among redwood branches, but it occurred to me, maybe he was attracted by the red head?

            Becky Stenberg
            Glen Blair