arrival of Purple Martins in Lake County

  • Dave Woodward
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2004
      Greetings Mendobirders,
      There were two adult male Purple Martins along Red Hills Rd.
      yesterday, 3/22, the same date that I first observed martins at that
      location in 2003. This morning there were five martins circling in
      the area including one non-adult male.
      The location is about 5 mi. SE of Kelseyville. Turn south off
      Hwy 29 onto Red Hills Rd and watch for martins along the 2.2 mile
      length of the road.
      Dave Woodward