Potter Vly/Ukiah 2/27

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2004
      Greetings Mendobirders: This morning I went out to Pine Avenue in Potter
      Valley where George Chaniot showed me the Burrowing Owl that he has tied to
      a stick out there. I walked around the USTP ponds early in the
      afternoon. All of the ponds now have water, and after a 2-weeks' absence,
      I saw lots of new birds. There were at least 12 spp of waterfowl and the
      Snow Goose is still present. There was a Horned Grebe in with several
      Eareds. On the S pond I found lots of Least Sandpipers and singleton
      Dunlin and Western Sandpiper, both very early inland. I picked through
      probably 100 Tree Swallows, but could not find any other swallows among them.

      Chuck