Mountain Bluebird in Potter Valley

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2004
      Mon, 23 Feb 2004 -- This evening just before sunset I saw a single MOUNTAIN
      BLUEBIRD male with a flock of 10 Western Bluebirds on Pine Avenue in Potter
      Valley. This was in the same area where Mountain Bluebirds appeared in 2001
      and 2003 - along the road near the broad pullout on the right just before
      the Pine Ave. crosses the creek about 3/4 mi. from East Road. A passing car
      put the flock up, and they flew together to the oaks to the south. In past
      years they have roamed widely throughout the whole area you can see from
      the pullout and from the Pine Ave. Association sign a little further up the
      road. The range of dates when they have been seen here before is 1 Feb - 6
      Mar.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA