Arcata red gull

  • kandjluvs
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2004
      At Clam Beach just north of Arcata I saw a red gull yesterday. The
      gull was brown and looked just like the other gulls it was hanging
      out with, except it had large patches of red on it. There was a
      patch on the back of its head and along its wings and tail. All the
      coloring was symmetrical, so it wasn't blood or paint. Has anyone
      seen a gull like this or know why it was colored that way?
      Also, at Clam Beach last weekend I saw a burrowing owl near the
      mouth of the Little River.