ALEUTIAN GOOSE FESTIVAL 6th Annual

  • Robert Hewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2004
      FYI PLEASE FORWARD THIS INFO TO THOSE YOU KNOW WHO MAY BE INTERESTED,
      THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE GEESE,
      Rick Hiser~Festival Coordinator

      6th Annual ALEUTIAN GOOSE FESTIVAL

      Spring 2004 ~ March 26-28

      Join us for great birding on the extreme Northcoast of California and
      celebrate Spring with the return of the once endangered Aleutian Canada
      Goose. Back from the brink of extinction, this little goose now numbers
      over 50,000. Delisted in 2001, this bird is an Endangered Species Act
      success story.

      Our three day festival offers 65 workshops and field trips highlighting
      the birds, animals and awesome natural beauty found here in the home of
      Redwood National & State Parks.

      We ask for your assistance in sharing this information with your friends
      and associates. Please forward this notice to those that you know who
      would find this of particular personal interest.

      HIGHLIGHTS from this year's festival.
      Keynote Speaker, Peter Pyle formerly with the Point Reyes Bird
      Observatory," Trans-Pacific Migrations".
      A look at the Klamath River, A Yurok Way of Life from the Yurok
      American Indian cultural perspective, where the salmon is regarded
      as a sacred gift.
      Examine the "Biscuit Fire" for an on the ground look at what two
      years of natural recovery has done.
      Pelagic Trip during Spring offshore migration, Albatross.
      Shearwaters, etc.
      River Drift Boat Trips on the Wild & Scenic Smith River for
      birding, redwood ecology, geology.
      Del Norte "Big Day" ~ Gulls ~ Spotted Owls ~ Wood Ducks
      Klamath Basin 2 day post -festival trip for inland birds.

      Visit our web site for complete info and online registration

      www.aleutiangoosefestival.org

      Call to receive our program booklet or for more information:
      800-343-8300 ~ 707-465-0888

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      GODWIT DAYS - APRIL 16-18, 2004
      Godwit Days, Spring Migration Bird Festival ~ April 16-18, Arcata, CA.
      Keynote by Donald Janssen,"Captive Breeding Programs and
      Conservation."
      100+ Fieldtrips & Workshops
      Bird Fair/Art Show
      Live Birds of Prey
      800-908-WING
      www.godwitdays.com

      Also WFO/WBBA meetings Ashland OR, 9-12 September 2004
      TWS Western Section, inc SNPL (25th) 26-29 February 2004, Rohnert Park
      Field Trip to Marin Sunday 29th Feb

      Robert W. Hewitt
      Director, LBJ Enterprises www.birdjobs.com
      1707 E Street #5, Eureka, CA 95501

      (707) 442-0339, fax (707) 260-0632, cell (707) 845-3189
      lbjent@...

      Godwit Days Steering Committee www.godwitdays.com
      April 16-19, 2004 9th Annual, 232 species cumulative.