Prairie Falcon - 1/17

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2004
      Sat Jan 17 - Gary and Judy Maddox and I were able to refind the PRARIE
      FALCON in Potter Valley originally reported by George Chaniot several
      weeks ago. We observed the bird from the pond overlook at the east end
      of Burris Lane at about 1600. The bird was perched in the top of a tree
      on a ridge line east of the pond.

      Also visible from this location were two GOLDEN EAGLES, one BALD EAGLE,
      a RED-TAILED HAWK, a NORTHERN HARRIER, one WHITE-TAILED KITE, two
      AMERICAN KESTRELS, and a COOPER'S HAWK making it a fairly decent raptor
      spot.

      - Matthew Matthiessen