1-10-04 report

  • JHUNTER323@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2004
      Mendobirders,

      Early on 1-10-04 I drove to Potter Valley to look for Prairie Falcon.
      After the fog finally lifted I saw the Prairie Falcon that had been
      reported at the end of Burris Lane (thanks George!). There was also a
      Say's Phoebe along Pine Ave.

      Then I drove to the house in Fort Bragg to look for the White-winged Dove.
      It showed up about 3:00 p.m. There were also 2 White-throated Sparrows in
      the yard. I also saw an oriole flying about the neighborhood. I was
      unable to get a good look, but it looked like a male Northern-type (can't
      rule out Bullock's).

      John E. Hunter
      Arcata Fish and Wildlife Office
      1655 Heindon Road