Possible Snow or Ross' Goose

  • Feather Forestwalker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2004
      This morning after I took my son to school, two flocks of Canada Geese
      (mixed with some Cacklers and possible Aleutians) flew over the
      intersection at Oak and Franklin Streets, coming in from the south west
      and heading north east.

      The second flock had a smaller all-white goose with black primaries.
      This was either a Snow or Ross' Goose - I was not close enough to be
      able to tell, but it sure amazed me....and of course, was reminiscent of
      Winged Migration. :)

      Wish I could have gotten a proper ID, but it's pouring out there.

      Feather