Lake County

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 160 , Jan 7, 2004
      Some recent sightings in the county in the last 2 or 3 days have been;

      2 Western Gulls seen from hiway 20 by Gjon Hazard. One was near mm 25.66 near Glenhaven. There was also an adult Thayer's Gull at this location.
      One Red-necked Grebe near mm 25.26 seen by Gjon.
      A hybrid ? Tufted/Scaup on Borax Lake. Seen by Gjon and later by me.

      A 2nd Winter Western Gull and a Phainopepla at Austin Park(off Lakeshore Dr. across from Olympic Dr behind a Chinese Restaurant in Clearlake) seen at different times by Gjon and myself.

      A Common Loon near Pine Dell Resort, Lakeshore Drive Clearlake Park. (J. White)

      In High Valley (off High Valley Road from Hiway 20 in Clearlake Oaks) were Yellow-billed Magpie, Ferruginous Hawk and a Prairie Falcon. Jerry White

    • stevestump
      Message 160 of 160 , Nov 15, 2014

        11/15/14 0745

         Steve Stump