Second Peregrine falcon post

  • Mary Booth
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2003
      Sat. 27, Dec. 2003 - Between 1615 - 1645 we (Austin B. and Jack)
      watched two peregrines stooping on starlings. They started within about
      200 yards of us near Lake Mendocino Drive and Eastside Calpella Road.
      As time passed the starlings rose higher until they were difficult to
      see, you could see them when they were doing their evasive twists and
      turns. I would guess that they were over 1000 yards up. We watched
      one peregrine doing the same the day before, 12/26, at the same
      location around 1400. The starlings are using a vineyard next to our
      place and also roost in oaks above the vineyard. Unfortunately we did
      not see the peregrines connect (just like George in the previous post).
      They did put on a good show.

      Also had a merlin fly by at same location around 1430 today.

      Jack Booth
      Ukiah , MEN, CA