Continued White-winged Dove

  • Robert Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2003
      Sunday, December 28, 2003 - The White-winged Dove continues to visit the backyard feeder in Fort Bragg. I saw it today briefly at 10:30 am. It flew from the apple tree in the next-door neighbors yard when the owner of that yard went out to pick apples. I traveled the neighborhood looking for the dove but could only find mourning doves on the power lines. So far, nobody knows where else this dove visits but it probably hangs around the south end of Fort Bragg and possibly down to the boat dock at Noyo Harbor (just a guess).

      Please call Henri Bensussen at 964-8844 to arrange a visit. From Hwy 1 in Fort Bragg turn east on Chestnut and drive for about 6 blocks. Turn LEFT on S. Harold (one-way). 475 S. Harold is the third house on the left. You cannot see the feeders or trees from the street, so call ahead. Reported by Bob Keiffer