Potter Valley 12/3

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2003
      Wed, 03 Dec 2003 -- I took advantage of a break in the rain today to drive
      around Potter Valley to see what was out. The most interesting find was a
      NORTHERN PYGMY-OWL sitting on a fencepost on Gibson Lane near Eel River
      Road. I backed up and watched it from the car for about 10 minutes at 20
      feet. I'm always impressed with how oblivious these little guys are to what
      is going on around them when they are on the hunt. I also found a PRAIRIE
      FALCON sitting in the big dead oak between Pine Ave. and Burris Lane,
      visable with a scope from the Pine Ave. Assn. sign. There were several
      SAY'S PHOEBES along Burris Lane.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA