[Mendobirds]: White-faced Ibises And Scissor-tailed Flycatcher

  • Richard Kuehn, MD & / or Dean Schuler
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2001
      Yesterday, we saw 2 breeding plumaged White-faced Ibis, Plegadis chichi,
      flying north just above the bluff-top trail from our hot tub at The Sea
      Ranch.

      Today, we saw an adult, male, breeding plumaged Scissor-tailed Flycatcher,
      Tyrannus forficatus,
      sitting on a trail marker post at the corner of Buckeye Court and Rock Cod
      on The Sea Ranch.

      While we didn't film the WF ibis, we have videotaped the ST flycatcher.

      Both sightings were approximately 1 mile south of the Gualala River.

      FWIW-Rich and Dean

      Richard Kuehn, M.D., & / or Dean Schuler
      At The Sea Ranch, CA
      windnsea@...

      "Life cannot wait until the sciences explain the Universe. We cannot put
      off living until we are ready. The most salient characteristic of life is
      its coerciveness, it is always urgent, 'here and now' without any possible
      postponement. Life is fired at us point blank."
      Jose Ortega y Gasset