Horned Larks

  • Janet Stein
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 13, 2003
      Thurs., 13 Nov 2003 --- The HORNED LARKS reported by Toby yesterday were still at the Mendocino Headlands this morning. I saw a flock of at least eight near the sister monument this morning at around 8:30 a.m.

      Janet Stein

    • Matthew Matthiessen
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2004
        Sun, Nov 7, 2004 - Yesterday at the Mendocino Headlands the two HORNED
        LARKS reported by Toby last week had been joined by a third individual.
        The birds seemed to prefer the area around the sister city monument
        itself. I could not locate the longspur reported by Toby.

        The ROSS'S GOOSE continued at Caspar Pond. It appears to have an
        injured wing so it may stay around for a while. At Lake Cleone there
        was one REDHEAD, one SNOW GOOSE, and two CACKLING GEESE. From Laguna
        Point the birds of note I scoped were one WHITE-WINGED SCOTER, one
        BONAPARTE'S GULL, and three ANCIENT MURRELETS.

        Good Birding
        Matthew Matthiessen
        Ukiah, MEN, CA
      • Jessica Morton
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2004
          Four vivid Horned Larks were feeding slightly to the north of the
          Miasa monument at Mendocino Headlands on Monday about 12:45 p.m. and
          offered great views of beautiful markings and tufts.
        • richhubie
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 17, 2008
            Mon. 17 Nov. 2008. I found 2 Horned Larks today, walking the bluffs
            just north of the Point Cabrillo Lighthouse at 3:17PM.

            Richard Hubacek