Clearlake and Covelo Field Trips

  • Kate Marianchild
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2003
      Nov 15: Field trip to Clear Lake State Park with the Peregrine Chapter of the National Audubon Society. Inexperienced birdwatchers welcome. Bring binoculars (loaners will be available), rain gear, water, lunch, and your favorite bird ID book. Meet at Long's parking lot (Perkins and Orchard) at 7:15 a.m. Leave time is 7:30 sharp. Please come with your gear packed and ready for carpooling. We hope to see Black-crowned Night Herons, Pied-billed Grebes, White Pelicans, Buffleheads, Nuttall's Woodpeckers, Yellow-rumped Warblers, and many more.

      Nov 22: Field trip to Covelo with the Peregrine Chapter of the National Audubon Society. Inexperienced birdwatchers welcome. Bring binoculars (loaners will be available), a jacket in case of cool weather, water, lunch, and your favorite bird ID book. Meet at Long's parking lot (Perkins and Orchard) at 7:15 a.m. Leave time is 7:30 sharp. Please come with your gear packed and ready for carpooling. We hope to see a wide variety of birds of prey, including Rough-legged and Ferruginous Hawks, Prairie and Peregrine Falcons, Northern Harriers, and Merlins. We also expect to see Lewis' and Downy Woodpeckers, Green-winged Teal, Dunlin, Western Meadowlarks, and possibly a Canyon Wren.

      Submitted by Kate Marianchild Peregrine Audubon 463-0839 katem@...