White Oystercatcher

  • Ron LeValley
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003
      Hi all,

      Charlene and I saw the albinistic oystercatcher at Mendocino Headlands
      today. I've posted a picture of it to the Photos section of Mendobirds. It
      was pretty far off for photos, so the picture is not high resolution, but it
      is pretty neat!

      For Yahoo members, the link to the photos is
      http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Mendobirds/lst

      Then just click on the photo labeld White Oystercatcher.

      The bird was on rocks on the south side of the Headlands, about 100 meters
      south of the monument, which is south of the southernmost Headland parking
      area.

      Ron

      Ron LeValley, Senior Biologist
      ron@...