Trip Report

  • JHUNTER323@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2003
      Mendobirders,

      On 10-26-03 while unsuccessfully looking for the Long-billed Murrelet, there
      was a flock of about 20 Snow and 1 Ross' Goose flying around Laguna Point, and
      landing in the ocean at one point. Later, I saw a Tropical Kingbird at MP
      35.18 which is north of Elk.

      On 10-27-03 there was a White-throated Sparrow, 2 Yellow-shafted Flickers and
      a Ferruginous Hawk just past the end of Miner Hole Road. I also had 2
      Black-crowned Night-Herons and a flock of 3 Palm Warblers near the Hwy. 1 bridge
      over the Garcia River.

      John Hunter
      Arcata, CA