Sandhill Cranes at HREC

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2003
      Greetings Mendobirders: Late this morning Bob Keiffer and I found 2 adult
      SANDHILL CRANES at the UC Hopland Research and Extension Center. The birds
      are on the northern-most pond just west of the county road entering the
      office area. Birders are welcome, but we would like the opportunity to
      photograph the birds in better light tomorrow morning, so ask that follow
      these directions. Drive on past the ponds and as you start down the hill
      into the office/housing area, pull off by the aluminum gate to your left
      that is just below our large metal water storage tanks. If you walk to the
      tanks, you can view the entire northern pond. The birds have been
      resting/feeding on the western edge.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive