10-18-03 Mendo report

  • JHUNTER323@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2003
      Mendobirders,

      On 10-18-03 I birded from Point Arena to Rockport. In the predawn darkness
      at 6:53 am I heard a Marbled Murrelet flying overhead where Hwy. 1 crosses
      Alder Creek. There was a single Ross' Goose with the Canada Geese in the Garcia
      River Bottoms. I saw one of the Tropical Kingbirds; this time it was in the
      field to the south of Point Arena Lighthouse Road, best seen from the highest
      point along that road. This Tropical Kingbird one had a full tail, I think I saw
      the other one too but could not refind it. There was also a Chestnut-sided
      Warbler near the mouth of Howard Creek.

      John Hunter
      Arcata, CA