Tropical Kingbird continues

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2003
      Tue, 14 Oct 2003 -- The TROPICAL KINGBIRD at Miner Hole Road N. of Point
      Arena was seen through the day up to 3:30 by several people: Jerry White,
      Dorothy Tobkin, Bob Keiffer, Chuck Vaughn, and myself at least. To look for
      the bird, drive to the end of Miner Hole Road and park at the turn-around
      at the end. Do not walk straight ahead along the fence, but take the trail
      north through to willows. Before you get to the river take a broad tractor
      trail going off to the left and follow it until it gets close to the river.
      Then look for a short trail through the brush to the river. If you try to
      approach this area from slightly upstream, you will have to wade. The bird
      was seen throughout this area, flying, foraging, and sitting on exposed
      staubs. We saw it down a large dragonfly, after which it sat quietly
      digesting about four feet above the water. It would have been hard to
      discover at this time, so keep looking. It's a very nice, bright bird.
      No luck with the Blackpoll or Black-throated Blue Warbler today.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA
    • Robert Keiffer
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2014
        11:30 AM - Tuesday - 11 Nov 2014 - Ryan Keiffer & I watched the continuing TROPICAL KINGBIRD at the Ukiah Wastewater Treatment Plant this morning.   It was hanging out at the SE corner of the south pond, in the black walnut tree that overhangs the dike road.    It would fly catch in the tree, but mostly just sat and preened.  Good Birding.  Bob Keiffer    rjkeiffer@...