Lark, Si; Longspur, No

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2003
      Sun, 05 Oct 2003 -- This morning I birded the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant
      looking for the Lapland Longspur and Horned Lark reported yesterday. I
      found the HORNED LARK on the edge of the mud puddle at the west end of the
      south pond among Least Sandpipers and Killdeer. Cheryl & Geoff Heineken and
      Vishnu also saw it. It was in about the same place all morning from
      08:00-10:30. I spent several hours looking for the longspur without luck; I
      even walked out onto the south pond to try to flush it from the ground. No
      luck. There was absoultely nothing along the Russian River riparian.
      At Lake Mendocino there was a HORNED GREBE among the many arriving
      Eared Grebes.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA

      05 Oct 2003 USTP