USTP Lapland Longspur

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2003
      Greetings Mendobirders: At 830 his morning (10/4) there was a LAPLAND
      LONGSPUR at the USTP. I saw the bird at 2 places along the western edge of
      the southern-most oxidation pond. The bird was very spooky, and flushed
      easily, but wanted to stay in that location. Unfortunately, when I left
      about 945 I could not refind it. There was still a PECTORAL SANDPIPER,
      lots of LEAST SANDPIPERS, and maybe 12 LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS on the drying
      south pond. The riparian strip along the river was dead.

      Chuck

      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive