Fun stuff

  • Feather Forestwalker
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2001
      A Pileated Woodpecker was sighted yesterday at MacKerricher State Park,
      just north of the campgrounds, close to the Purple Rose Restaurant.

      At SEASIDE BEACH, a single Dunlin was spotted along with some Whimbrels.

      In the Rose Memorial Gardens, there's a Killdeer nest. The female
      feigned a broken wing at my approach and upon very careful, close
      inspection, a single egg was noted. After leaving a note on the door of
      the office and walking back towards the nest area (in order to leave),
      it was noted that while gone, the female had lain a second egg in the
      nest and was even more protective of it, rushing us, then feigning a
      broken wing. . .I sure hope they don't mow the area and that people with
      dogs will keep them on leashes!

      Feather Forestwalker
      --
      "Rapture....the only way to fly!"
      <:))))><

      Forestwalker Productions

      Bird Cards, Bird T-shirts, Bird Drawings, Bird Stories

      http://www.jps.net/featherf/forestwalker.html

      Proceeds help in the rehabilitation and return to the wild, of our
      feathered friends on the northern Calfornia coast.