Rose-breasted Grosbeak - 9/14

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2003
      Greetings Mendobirders,
      Yesterday (Sun 9/14) I found an immature male ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK
      along Miner Hole Rd. The bird was between the first wide left curve and
      the cattle guard.

      Also of interest yesterday were four separate coveys of MOUNTIAN QUAIL
      and four BLUE GROUSE along Mountain View Rd. One celata ORANGE-CROWNED
      WARBLER was along Miner Hole Rd. One LESSER YELLOWLEGS was at Hunters
      Lagoon. Virgin Creek Beach also had one LESSER YELLOWLEGS as well as
      five SNOWY PLOVERS and five MARBLED GODWITS.

      - Matthew Matthiessen