Continuing Least Tern

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2003
      This morning (Tue Aug 26) George Chaniot, Chuck Vaughn, Art Morley, and
      I observed the immature LEAST TERN continuing at Virgin Creek Beach.
      The bird was flying along the beach as we walked up and could clearly be
      seen from the footbridge over the creek. The bird repeatedly flew in
      over the sand and then out over the ocean but always stayed north of the
      creek. We watched the bird from 0800 - 0840. The bird disappeared at
      one point for about 10 minutes but reappeared along the beach as we were
      leaving. There were also four SNOWY PLOVERS present. Good birding.

      - Matthew Matthiessen