Lesser Yellowlegs

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 12, 2003
      Tue 12 Aug 2003 -- I visited The Ukiah Sewage treatment plant from 9:30 to
      10:30 this morning. I saw a LESSER YELLOWLEGS in the middle pond, as
      several other people have noted in the last two weeks. There was also a
      BLUE-WINGED TEAL and one LONG-BILLED DOWITCHER, a well as two Greater
      Scaup, a Hooded Merganser, and two young Ruddy Ducks, probably local
      hatches. There do not seem to be many juvenile coots around - considering
      the number of nests and broods I saw in mid-June before I left for
      Australia.

      George Chaniot, Potter Valley, MEN, CA
    • stevestump
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 9, 2014

        7/9/14 0700

        There is a Lesser Yellowlegs at the Ukiah WWTP. Steve Stump

      • stevestump
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 28, 2015

          6/28/15 1031

          Uvea and I followed Chuck's post earlier on the Wilson's Phalarope and also found a Lesser Yellowlegs and three Greater Yellowlegs at the Ukiah WWTP. The WIPH were still there with about 150 peeps along with the Lesser Yellowlegs when we left at noon.

          I have posted photo's on flickr along with the now 24 day old American Avocet chicks

          Steve Stump

        • stevestump
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 8, 2015
            8/8/15 1200

            Uvéa, Toby and I just saw and photographed 3 Lesser Yellowlegs at Virgin Creek beach. Also there are 2 Ruddy Turnstones and a Snowy Plover near the mouth. Steve Stump
          • stevestump
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 12, 2016
              4/12/16 1320

              There is a Lesser Yellowlegs in the sludge lagoon at the Ukiah WWTP. Steve Stump
            • stevestump
              Message 6 of 6 , May 17, 2016
                5/17/16 1005

                There is a continuing Lesser Yellowlegs in the sludge lagoon at the Ukiah WWTP. Steve Stump