Lake Co. White-faced Ibis

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2001
      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 -- I went to Rodman Slough this morning mainly to look for
      the White-faced Ibis, but I did not find it right away. After about 40
      minutes, a raptor put up the shorebirds and ducks, and the ibis appeared in
      the drier rice field near the mired tractor. It was best seen from the
      green Powder River gate directly across the road from the red house east of
      the bridge.
      It was a pleasant morning birding in that area. There were Least
      and Western Sandpipers, Semipalmated Plovers, 7 Long-billed Dowitchers, and
      a possible Short-billed Dowitcher (too far away to be certain) in the
      wettest rice field. Sora and Virginia Rails were both seen in the same
      place. Purple Martins were cruising along the lake side of the road.
      George Chaniot

      Pied-billed Grebe
      Western Grebe
      Clark's Grebe