Re: [Mendobirds] USTP 8/2

  • Matt Brady
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2003
      Austin Booth, my Aunt and Uncle and I visited the USTP this afternoon, where
      we met Vishnu. We also saw the WILSON'S PHALEROPES in the central pond, but
      no Dowitchers. On the northern pond Austin spotted a SEMIPALMATED PLOVER.
      On the berm between the Duck Pond and the central pond were a baker's dozen
      CANADA GEESE, and at the east end of the Central Pond were numbers of
      juvenile TREE and VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOWS, a BLUE-WINGED TEAL and a GREEN
      HERON. Swimming in the Duck Pond was a DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANT, while
      Chuck's juvenile CALIFORNIA GULL flew around scaring the Blackbirds. in the
      northern pond was a variety of peeps, including both juvenile and adult
      WESTERN SANDPIPERS and some LEAST SANDPIPERS.
      Good birding,

      Matt Brady
      Ukiah, CA