USTP

  • Matt Brady
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2003
      My Dad, Uncle and I went birding at the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant today.
      Shorebirds were limited to 9 LEAST SANDPIPERS, 1 WESTERN SANDPIPER and some
      KIlLDEER, all at the west end of the northern pond. On the duck pond were
      several hundred eclipse Mallards, 2 WOOD DUCKS (1F, 1M in eclipse), 1
      CINNAMON TEAL (M in eclipse), and 1 LESSER SCAUP (M, going into eclipse).
      Interesting Passerines included 2 YELLOW-BREASTED CHATS and 1 SWAINSON'S
      THRUSH singing from the river, and a pair of LAZULI BUNTINGS along the north
      pond.
      Good birding,

      Matt Brady
      Ukiah, CA
      zerogambit@...
      AIM: Podoces

    • vishnu
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2003
        Hello Mendobirders,
        Just a brief report on the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant for midday Sunday
        8/10. There were 4 species of swallows flying; Violet-green, Tree, Northern
        Rough-legged and Barn. One Dowitcher (sp), one Greater Yellow Legs and one
        Lesser and at least 2 Green-backed Herons were observed. There were more
        Kildeer than the law allows but also one Red-necked Phalarope swimming,
        while not often in circles none the less quite frenetically, in the eastern
        part of the southern most pond. The water in the southern pond is now at a
        very high lake-like level and the northern pond is dry and had NO activity.
        Most sightings were from the middle pond.
        Vishnu