- Sunday 06 July 2003 - Janet King reports an adult male Rufous Hummingbird
visiting her feeder. Bob Keiffer also saw one the same day in Lake County.
Robert J. Keiffer
Principal Supt. of Agriculture
UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
4070 University Road
Hopland, CA 95449
(707) 744-1424 FAX (707) 744-1040
HREC website: http://danrrec.ucdavis.edu/hopland/home_page.html
"It is not the critic who counts... not the one who points out how the
strong person stumbles... or where the doer of deeds could have done
better. The credit belongs to the person who is actually in the arena."
- Tuesday, Feb. 28 -- A brightly colored male RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD visited my feeder this morning, the first Selasphorus hummer I've seen here this year. Hope he stays around!
- InglenookTuesday, Feb. 17, 2015 --- First-of-season (for me) RUFOUS Hummingbird at my feeder here north of Fort Bragg this morning. Let the Hummer wars begin!Carolyn Kinet
- Our mob of Anna’s arrived one afternoon last week, a month ahead of usual mid-March. We are once again pressed into catering - their feeders - or suffer the consequences! The Rufous usually come through, stay a couple weeks and move on. We are looking for them!