Rufous Hummingbird

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2003
      Sunday 06 July 2003 - Janet King reports an adult male Rufous Hummingbird
      visiting her feeder. Bob Keiffer also saw one the same day in Lake County.

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
      4070 University Road
      Hopland, CA 95449
      (707) 744-1424 FAX (707) 744-1040

      Theodore Roosevelt
    • carolynkinet
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2012
        Tuesday, Feb. 28 -- A brightly colored male RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD visited my feeder this morning, the first Selasphorus hummer I've seen here this year. Hope he stays around!

        Carolyn Kinet
        Inglenook
      • Carolyn Kinet
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17
          Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2015  --- First-of-season (for me) RUFOUS Hummingbird at my feeder here north of Fort Bragg this morning.   Let the Hummer wars begin!

          Carolyn Kinet
          Inglenook

        • Kitty & Creek Norris
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 17
            Our mob of Anna’s arrived one afternoon last week, a month ahead of usual mid-March. We are once again pressed into catering - their feeders - or suffer the consequences! The Rufous usually come through, stay a couple weeks and move on.  We are looking for them!
            Kitty