Hooded Oriole

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 19, 2003
      Thu, 19 Jun 2003 -- Mike Effinger in Redwood Valley reports that an adult
      male HOODED ORIOLE and an immature male are still coming regularly to his
      feeders. He thinks that there are some good photo opportunities here. Give
      him a call if you're interested in coming to look for this one (707
      485-1747).

      George Chaniot
    • Paul Hawks
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 14, 2006
        I'm living on the south end of Ukiah now, and while taking a late
        afternoon walk today (Friday), I heard the call of a hooded oriole as
        I passed the Nokomis School on Washington St. I stopped and with the
        repeated calls of the bird soon spotted a brilliant male in an oak
        tree just to the west of the main school buildings. I did not see any
        nesting activity.

        I have not checked to see of the hooded orioles have arrived at the
        familiar palms on Sherry Dr. on the north end of town near where I
        used to live.

        The band-tailed pigeons are still plentiful here on the south end of
        town.

        Paul Hawks
      • chaniot@pacific.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 5, 2006
          Wed, 04 Oct 2006 -- I saw a male HOODED ORIOLE flying over the Rancho del
          Rey seniors park in Ukiah. It was coming from the direction of two palm
          trees on Leslie Street, but I did not specifically see it there. Is this
          the latest record ever?

          George Chaniot
          Potter Valley, CA
        • George Chaniot
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2010
            Fri, 2 Apr 2010 -- Dave Bengston reports seeing a male HOODED ORIOLE in his
            Ukiah yard today.
          • dsmithferri
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 27 12:33 PM
              Hi All, we have a hooded oriole at our feeder today. We live on Mill Creek Road just east of the Buddhist campus in Talmage.

              Good birding,

              David Smith-Ferri