Sooty Shearwaters

  • Robert Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2003
      Sunday, May 25, 2003 - Many rafts of Sooty Shearwaters (300+), mixed with 200+ Common Murres, and many Brandt's Cormorants feeding on a mass of long, skinny bait fish (I don't remember what they are called ....the name begins with an "S"). I was actually able to watch Sooty Shearwaters grab these bait fish from the surface while they sat on the water. This feeding frenzie was about 2 miles offshore and several miles north of Noyo Harbor. Bob Keiffer