ID by ear from a video?

  • zanshinart
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2014

      This was too big a file to upload to photos, so it is here:

      Audio: I.D. mystery bird?

      The video is not important...it is a request for audio ID of a bird I've never heard anywhere, much less in my South Ukiah backyard. It was pretty high up in a big tree, never became visible and was shy enough to go further away with me making the usual bird-attractive silly noises.

    • zanshinart
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2014
        Thank you to both Chuck and Geoff; this makes perfect sense as the adults are frequent feeder visitors during the breeding season!!!!

        Sent from my iPod

        On Jul 13, 2014, at 6:15 PM, "Geoff Heinecken" <geoff@...> wrote:

        It was very low volume , but sure sounds like a fresh young Black Headed Grosbeak
        Weve got a bunch out here south of Talmage(Fern Canyon)
                               Geoff

        Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2014 11:20 AM
        Subject: [Mendobirds] ID by ear from a video?

        This was too big a file to upload to photos, so it is here:

        Audio: I.D. mystery bird?

        The video is not important...it is a request for audio ID of a bird I've never heard anywhere, much less in my South Ukiah backyard. It was pretty high up in a big tree, never became visible and was shy enough to go further away with me making the usual bird-attractive silly noises.

        No virus found in this message.

      • Diane Hichwa
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 13, 2014
          I agree.  I kept thinking “I know that bird” and it is Black-headed.
          Diane Hichwa

          Email:  dhichwa@...

          Telephone:  707-785-1922 (Sea Ranch)
                      707-483-3130 (cell)