Eurasian Teal

  • stevestump
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2014
      1-12-14 1550
      There is an Eurasian Teal at the Ukiah WWTP. I believe this bird has been present at least since Tuesday. I was able to photo it today, posted on Flickr

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevestump/
    • Steve Stump
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 15, 2014
        1-15-14 930 PM

        The Green-winged Teal (Eurasian) continued at the Ukiah Wastewater Treatment Plant at 300 Plant Rd. Ukiah, CA today.
         I did notice today better than other days the thin horizontal white scapular stripe. This vertical stripe is present but mostly obscured. I took a photo in which you can see a portion of the stripe (near the buff in the tail).
        This bird was first seen on Tuesday Jan. 7 (identified on the 12th), so it has been present for at least 9 days now.

        Photo posted in Mendobirds at link below

        Steve Stump
        Upper Lake, CA
      • stevestump
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 15, 2014

          1-15-14 944 PM

          ooops, I meant this horizontal stripe in the 3rd sentence Steve Stump

        • stevestump
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 13, 2014
            2/13/14 1pm

            There is an Eurasian GW Teal at the Ukiah WWTP in the recently burned lagoon. This is most likely the one reported by many that has not been seen in a couple of weeks. If this is the bird, it has molted into a more defined adult male. The horizontal stripe is now complete as you may see in today's picture on Flickr.