Continuing Solitary Sandpipers - 4/27

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2003
      Greetings Mendobirds,
      At least one of the two SOLITARY SANDPIPERS seen at the Ukiah Sewage
      Treatment Plant on Saturday April 26 was still present Sunday the 27th.
      The bird seems to like the east end of the north pond as it was seen in
      this same location both days.

      The sewage ponds are currently an outstanding shorebird location. The
      north pond in particular has the best mud flats I've seen there in the
      four years I've lived here. In addition to the Solitary Sandpiper were
      SEMIPALMATED PLOVER (2), KILLDEER, GREATER and LESSER YELLOWLEGS,
      WESTERN and LEAST SANDPIPERS, SPOTTED SANDPIPER, and LONG-BILLED
      DOWITCHER.

      Good Birding
      Matthew Matthiessen
      Ukiah, CA