Black-capped Chickadee @ Lake Cleone

  • adamhutchins@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 15, 2013
      Alison Cebula, Dorothy Tobkins (Toby) and I spotted a Black-capped Chickadee in a mixed flock this morning at Lake Cleone, MacKerricher State Park. Was last seen on the NE portion of the Lake Cleone loop, near the junction with the trail leading to the entrance station. Seen around 10:30. Photos to come.
    • Karen
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 2013
        Fri, 15 Nov 2013 -- 3:12- pm.   I am standing on the north boardwalk at the foot of kiosk/whale skeleton trail Lk Cleone looking and listening to the BLACK-CAPPED CHICKADEE!  The call is very nasal and lower in pitch than the Cornell app's recording.  A first MEN record for Alison Cebula, et al.  Congratations!

        Karen Havlena

        MacKerricher SP is at Mill Creek Drive and Hwy 1, north of Fort Bragg.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Nov 15, 2013, at 11:49 AM, <ahutchins@...> wrote:

        Alison Cebula, Dorothy Tobkins (Toby) and I spotted a Black-capped Chickadee in a mixed flock this morning at Lake Cleone, MacKerricher State Park. Was last seen on the NE portion of the Lake Cleone loop, near the junction with the trail leading to the entrance station. Seen around 10:30. Photos to come.

      • Robert Keiffer
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 15, 2013

          There are no documented records as of yet in Mendocino County for this species.   I look forward to seeing the photos and having the Mendocino County Bird Review Committee take a look at the documentation.