Short-eared Owl?

  • creagrus1
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2003
      I'm seeking the help of anyone on this chat group who may know
      something about the status of Short-eared Owls in this region. I've
      been asked to act as a last-minute fill-in author on this species for
      the California Bird Species of Special Concern project. I don't have
      any particular expertise on this species, so any help would be much
      appreciated (and acknowledged in the account).

      I am particularly interested in the breeding status of owls in this
      region -- particularly specific sites; any information on how many may
      be nesting; and any details about changes in status here (e.g., sites
      they used to nest but no longer do so). I do have older literature,
      so what I am most interested in is the current status -- say in the
      last 5 years of so.

      Please email me directly as soon as possible. Many thanks.

      Don Roberson
      creagrus@...