2 Swamp Sparrows at UWTP

  • Cheryl Watson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2013
      Sunday November 3, 2013

      Geoff Heinecken, George and Geo Gibbs, and I watched two SWAMP SPARROWS at the Ukiah Wastewater Treatment Plant this morning.  The birds were feeding on the mud flat on the east end of the sludge pond near the plant entrance.  They fled into the cattails whenever a MERLIN or COOPER’S HAWK flew by but then returned to the open.  They were still there when we left at 10AM.

      Cheryl Watson
      Ukiah, CA